The story behind the name

I have always loved sea glass because of the beautiful green, blue and brown hues that are made even more breathtaking when they are tossed in the water. I am also drawn to pretty glass bottles, especially those with unique shapes, textures or stories. When we purchased our land, it had lot of garbage where our driveway now sits. Included in this garbage were lots of glass bottles in all different shapes, sizes and colors. As unappealing as this may sound, there have been many beautiful and unique glass bottles found at the property. While we obviously do not want to drive on a green glass road, the road itself was only made possible after lots of green glass was recovered. So therin lies the story behind the name of the Adventures at Green Glass Road.

Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Last week was filled with a couple new furniture purchases at Green Glass Road. Since we moved in, I have been hunting for the perfect barstools for our raised counter. I was starting to feel a little like Goldilocks...to this, to that...until I found one that was "just right". I wanted stools that the kids could sit on, so they needed backs, sides, and I was hoping no swivels. I also wanted ones that were comfortable for adults to sit in for longer periods of time. Lastly, I wanted them to look nice with the rest of the room since it is all open. I guess I should also throw-in that I was hoping that they were decently built, but that is harder to judge sometimes, especially online.
From 2012-02-06
I did find some online that had great reviews, and I think will hold-up well over time. They are also comfortable, and look nice with our other furniture.
From 2012-02-06
As you can see, the kids also enjoy the change of scenery sitting someplace new for breakfast.
From 2012-02-06
We have also been looking for trundle beds for the kid's rooms since we moved-in. This will give us some extra sleeping space for people when they come to visit, and I am sure will serve well for sleepovers for the kids. We found one on Craiglist for Andrew last week that I thought was perfect. It came with the bed, and some matching pieces that look really nice in his room.
From 2012-02-06
He enjoys the new furniture a lot, and his sister is now eagerly awaiting something when we can find it for her room.
From 2012-02-06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog