The story behind the name

I have always loved sea glass because of the beautiful green, blue and brown hues that are made even more breathtaking when they are tossed in the water. I am also drawn to pretty glass bottles, especially those with unique shapes, textures or stories. When we purchased our land, it had lot of garbage where our driveway now sits. Included in this garbage were lots of glass bottles in all different shapes, sizes and colors. As unappealing as this may sound, there have been many beautiful and unique glass bottles found at the property. While we obviously do not want to drive on a green glass road, the road itself was only made possible after lots of green glass was recovered. So therin lies the story behind the name of the Adventures at Green Glass Road.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Window trim, wood floor and a sneak peek at the kitchen...

Well, now that I am off for the summer, I have officially been put to work by my husband :) Between cleaning and painting trim, I think I have my work cut out for me until August! Although I don't love being covered with drywall dust, I am happy that I can contribute to the construction project.

This weekend, Keith, Ronnie and Craig trimmed out most of the windows in the house. I think that they did a great job with the trim and the sills. In addition to the windows, Keith built the stairs leading from the garage into the house, and installed the weather strip on the door. Today, they started on the wood floors. The did the whole office, which consisted of six boxes of flooring. Only 70 boxes left to go until all the hardwood is installed in the house. Ouch! That makes my back, neck and knees sore just thinking about it.

I stopped by earlier this week to check-in with our Amish cabinetmaker. We are on target to have the cabinets installed next week (possibly sooner, on Friday, if the Marmoleum gets laid on Thursday as planned). Here are a couple preview pics of our cabinets. The first picture is the upper door fronts. This small door is for above the microwave. A couple of the doors will have glass in the upper two pieces. The second picture is the sink cabinet. Obviously without the doors, but with our Kohler Dickinson sink. The third picture is the back panel that will go on the raised counter, as well as a couple more of my cabs-and someone else's, too. No white cabinets for me this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog