The story behind the name

I have always loved sea glass because of the beautiful green, blue and brown hues that are made even more breathtaking when they are tossed in the water. I am also drawn to pretty glass bottles, especially those with unique shapes, textures or stories. When we purchased our land, it had lot of garbage where our driveway now sits. Included in this garbage were lots of glass bottles in all different shapes, sizes and colors. As unappealing as this may sound, there have been many beautiful and unique glass bottles found at the property. While we obviously do not want to drive on a green glass road, the road itself was only made possible after lots of green glass was recovered. So therin lies the story behind the name of the Adventures at Green Glass Road.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Frame of mind

Last week I was not able to blog, because I was doing my annual volunteering at Camp Boggy Creek in Florida. Lucky for me, only my mom seemed to notice I took the week off :) Because I was gone, Keith was spending the majority of the time keeping the kiddos busy, but he did get one workday at our new house thanks to Grandma Lorraine and Grandpa Bob. He and Ronnie were able to frame-up more of the house, which I included in the slideshow this week with captions. I realize that it is difficult to piece all of it together, but I wanted to give everyone some idea of what they were looking at in these photos.

This weekend was extremely cold (20's), so Keith did not work on the new house with the exception of taking down some supplies and chalking out the remaining area that will be framed. We also spent sometime discussing some additional details on the floorplan and some of the items we will need to order soon, such as the shower and bathtub.

Our house was pretty peaceful this weekend with the exception of some cheering during the playoff football games. I never questioned that our marriage could survive building a house together, but having our two teams play one another in the Superbowl is a whole new ball game :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog