The story behind the name

I have always loved sea glass because of the beautiful green, blue and brown hues that are made even more breathtaking when they are tossed in the water. I am also drawn to pretty glass bottles, especially those with unique shapes, textures or stories. When we purchased our land, it had lot of garbage where our driveway now sits. Included in this garbage were lots of glass bottles in all different shapes, sizes and colors. As unappealing as this may sound, there have been many beautiful and unique glass bottles found at the property. While we obviously do not want to drive on a green glass road, the road itself was only made possible after lots of green glass was recovered. So therin lies the story behind the name of the Adventures at Green Glass Road.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Raise the roof!

I hesitate to write anything in the blog this week, because I think the pictures in the slideshow speak so well for themselves. While the house did not have the same transformation in a week as the ones on Extreme Home Makeover, it is pretty impressive when you consider that only 5-6 people were working on it this weekend. We now have something that really resembles a house to those who pass by it. The exterior walls are now all up (including the ones for the garage and the screened-in porch.) It was fun to watch Keith, my dad and Bob work on the screened-in porch this week because I could start to visualize what it would really look like in 8 months. I have always said that after the kitchen and the laundry room, the screened-in porch is the room I am looking the most forward to once we move in.

Toward the end of the week, the roof trusses were delivered. I have included a couple of videos that show them being taken off the truck, as well as one with the guys hoisting it on top of the roof. A special thanks to Bob, Ronnie, Craig, Stuart, Andy and my dad who helped Keith with getting the trusses up this weekend. They all worked incredibly hard and we are very grateful for all of their help. While I always enjoy having my parents visit, it was so nice having my dad here to help Keith for two weeks while my mom and I could spend our time looking at paint samples and drink coffee!

I took the kids and my mom to the house both Saturday and Sunday so that we could see the progress. The kids enjoyed seeing our roof go up, as well as playing their own games in the grass and on Daddy's trailer. Andrew also got to take a ride with Daddy on his tractor. By the enormous smile on his face, it looks like he will enjoy being a "country boy" very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog